THE HAALA WAY
HOW WE WORK
Feasibility & Site Study
PROPOSAL & CONTRACT
ENGINEERING DESIGN & Procurement
ENGINEERING DESIGN & Procurement
CONSTRUCTION & COMMISSIONING
At this stage, the Haala Energy team will manage the installation in partnership with our electromechanical and civil subcontractors. We make sure that every installation is managed by one of our lead technicians, ensuring the system performs at its full potential for as long as possible.
Monitoring, Operation, & Maintenance
And in case you were wondering, HAALA comes from the Arabic term for the solar corona.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
We specialise in solar PV. Our philosophy is to focus on one thing only, and do it well. We combine deep local market understanding with a rigorous and analytical approach to project development and a business model that promotes employee ownership. We consider ourselves to be technology agnostic, building custom-designed systems for our clients using the most appropriate components for their needs.
Haala Energy believes in employee participation. Every member of the team that passes the 1 year mark begins to be involved in the management of the company and to share in its profitability. Team members that feel engaged and valued give back more to the company. We also think this allows us to better recruit and retain top talent.
Co-founder, Engineering & Business Development
Co-founder, Executive Director
Co-founder, Managing Director
Technical Sales Engineer, SEC Certified Solar PV Designer
Solar Design Engineer, SEC Certified Solar PV Designer
Solar Installation Manager, SEC Certified Solar PV Installer
Sohaib Ul Hassan
Senior Electrical Engineer, SEC Certified Solar PV Installer
The main responsibilities of the Jr Solar PV Engineer will include:
The successful candidate will be exposed to a range of job functions within the company as part of a rotation and training program that will last 3 months. This will include site work, design and procurement, and telecommunications and system commissioning. Upon successful completion of the initial 3 month rotation program, the candidate will be assigned to one of these specializations based on capabilities and preferences.
Typical job functions for the first 3 months would include:
- Support of Project Managers on PV system installations
- Requesting proposals from subcontractors and finalizing them
- Assisting with supplier and component selection
- Assisting project teams with procurement of solar components
- Supporting with initial site start up, including site survey and layout
- Supporting with supervision and oversight of subcontractors and consultants
- Supporting internal engineering design team
- Maintaining and updating project schedules
- Submitting and resolving client and subcontractor RFI’s
- Managing project change orders with clients and subcontractors
- Attending client update meetings
- Preparing and managing projects RFIs and submittals
- Maintaining and updating project drawings
- Coordination of logistics, supplies and inventory
- Supporting O&M operations
In addition to the above, the Jr Solar PV Engineer is expected to coordinate and work effectively with other members of the team, and to assist with furthering the goals of the company in general, even where this may involve work that is not strictly related to their day-to-day responsibilities.
Potential candidates should have:
- Bachelors in engineering
- 1 – 3 years of engineering experience
- A good command of English and Arabic, enabling them to communicate with the team as well as suppliers, subcontractors, and other stakeholders
- Confidence taking on responsibility and working independently in a fast-moving environment
- A resourceful and independent attitude and the ability to problem solve
- Attention to detail and pride in delivering to high standards
- A willingness to continue to learn, grow and develop professionally
- Long-term commitment to being a part of a growing business
In addition, the following attributes would be an advantage:
- Experience in the design or installation of PV systems
- Good knowledge of other parts of the PV value chain
- Experience in construction management
- Experience in using related software such as autoCAD and PVSyst
Only Saudi nationals will be considered for this position.
HAALA Energy offers:
- A competitive salary, dependant on experience
- Housing allowance
- Comprehensive health insurance
- 30 days of paid annual leave
- Shares in the business after year 1, as part of the HAALA Energy employee ownership scheme
- A young, international, and dynamic team environment
- A flexible and supportive office and work environment